• 5 Dogs

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I've lost count😂

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
Pics
We have been contacting a lady that has golden retrievers and lab puppies for sale. Her golden pups are beautiful and the parents are registered, not sure if the puppies are yet. But she wants $100 dollar down payment before we can even see the puppies. Im really unsure about it. And she has had 3 litters she has told us about. We have only had luck having the puppy pick us, not us pick the puppy or breeder pick. What should i do? I feel like it could be a scam.

We have been contacting a lady that has golden retrievers and lab puppies for sale. Her golden pups are beautiful and the parents are registered, not sure if the puppies are yet. But she wants $100 dollar down payment before we can even see the puppies. Im really unsure about it. And she has had 3 litters she has told us about. We have only had luck having the puppy pick us, not us pick the puppy or breeder pick. What should i do? I feel like it could be a scam.
Anyone with 3 litters at once sounds like they are in it for the money not the wellbeing of the puppy. I personally wouldn't do it

Most of the time breeders do ask for a down payment before the puppies are born to make sure your name is on the waitlist. I had considered getting a husky puppy from a breeder about an hour away from me and she requires a $250 deposit before your name is on the list to get a puppy. I do get what you're saying that you can't see the puppy and you have to place a deposit in order to get one. I decided to wait and not pay a deposit in case I didn't see a puppy I necessarily didn't like at the time. So I'll have to wait until they're born to make my decision. I completely understand but that call is really up to you.

I had to make a $100 deposit on my puppy. Thankfully I received lots of info and pictures from the breeder beforehand.

Anyone with 3 litters at once sounds like they are in it for the money not the wellbeing of the puppy. I personally wouldn't do it
Yeah thats what i was feeling. In October she had a litter of goldens and said that she only had 2 dogs which are the parents. Now she has labs and goldens. Something doesnt feel right maybe ill wait and go through the breeder that i really wanted.

Most of the time breeders do ask for a down payment before the puppies are born to make sure your name is on the waitlist. I had considered getting a husky puppy from a breeder about an hour away from me and she requires a $250 deposit before your name is on the list to get a puppy. I do get what you're saying that you can't see the puppy and you have to place a deposit in order to get one. I decided to wait and not pay a deposit in case I didn't see a puppy I necessarily didn't like at the time. So I'll have to wait until they're born to make my decision. I completely understand but that call is really up to you.
I would rather wait and maybe spend a bit more to get a healthy well bred pup. Her pictures of the puppies also are a bit wierd because some of the puppies are way bigger than the others, and the pups are 4 weeks old and are the same size are puppy was at 8 weeks old. And she is very cautious of the info she is giving out.

Back
Top Bottom