1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

How many chicken eggs equal a goose egg?

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by 222danette, Mar 18, 2018.

1. 222danette

222danette Chirping

Nov 5, 2014
    Hello,
    I now own two beautiful geese who have begun to lay monster dinosaur-looking eggs. I am wondering what the conversion for goose:chicken eggs would be?

2. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    I imagine it varies, a lot, by the breed and age of the geese in question. And the size of the chicken egg. Do you have a scale? Maybe you could weigh yours against any chicken eggs you have?

Muscovy duck eggs are about a chicken and a half; mallard eggs are comparable to a large-ish chicken egg. But they both have much larger yolks, comparatively. If you're cooking, it's probably a factor.

I found this image on google. Should be about three, if your eggs are average goose eggs.

[​IMG]

Why do they never account for bantams when they say the average size of a chicken egg? Bantams are chickens. Discrimination, I say!

Spartan22 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: