How many chickens can i fit in here?

Sorry. I'm the party pooper. I wouldn't put more than 3 birds in a coop that size, especially if one of them is a JG. It's just not that big.
And I would make the run larger, even if you plan to let them out of it regularly. Again, it really isn't that big.
Some of your dimensions are missing but I'm guessing at about 29 sq feet max in the run.
I'm with them^^^
X3
but realists who think before they post ;)
X2

Last edited:
here is a pic of the extension. It isn't very big at all, but it will give a little more room

Attachments

• Chicken House (3).png
    Chicken House (3).png
    440.9 KB · Views: 15
here is a pic of the extension. It isn't very big at all, but it will give a little more room
The more room the better but I'd say 4 standard sized birds would be the limit in the coop. If you put more in, you will end up with behavioral and health issues not to mention the fun you will have trying to keep it clean.

The basic limiting factor for population is the coop size and the roost length.....
...~12"(30cm) of roost length per bird and room to get up and down from roost.
If you live in a harsh climate and do not have a weather and predator protected run,
you may need even more coop space.
Remember you need space for feed and water too, and don't forget about good ventilation.

You can cram more birds into a space but it may not be a healthy environment both due to bad air and/or behavior issues from crowding.

I wouldn't put more than 2 or 3 chickens in there. That little house might sleep about 8 cramped up, but they will spend most their time scratching in the run, you need to make their running yard much bigger. For 8 birds I would make their run at least 8 x 10. The biggest you can afford will be best.

The coop itself is too small for very many birds. In my opinion, a 3' x 4 1/2' coop will only hold about 6 birds MAX and that will be tight. You will only be able to have one 4.5' of roost length. I assume the food and water will be out in the run and they will be locked in the coop at night?
My chickens have a 10'x16' room for a coop, with 2 roosts that are 8' long. They fight for the prime roost spots and I had to seperate the roosts to 2' apart so they would stop pecking the hens on the other roost. I have 2 hens that refuse to use the roost and sleep on the "porch" in-front of the window. My chickens will go outside in the rain, but windy days or snow they will stay in the coop all day. I am in northern Wisconsin though, we had 25 degrees F today, it was sunny and they spent the day outside scratching through the leaves I put in their run.

Back
Top Bottom