How many chickens can you have?

Pics
Apr 27, 2021
Hi everyone!!!
🙃

I know there’s different rules depending on where you live. I was wondering if you guys have the max amount of chickens allowed in your area, or more or less?

🦀🦓🐛🦖🪲

Holy smokes!!! 90 acres sounds like a dream!! I’m limited to 8 but I’m trying to see if I could have 10. 😜 Like who would really know. Otherwise, I will have to rehome 2.
Be nice if it was all mine but it's in a family trust and the 4 others don't care about anything but money. They can't sell it unless all us agree. My brother and I are the butts and refuse, he don't even live around here.

Papa always said buy all the land you can, they aint making any more of it.

4 sq ft is what is usually recommended on here. Legally, that's not the norm. They allow 1 sq ft per bird here to allow for factory farming type setups, where birds get stuffed in cages.
It's nice that they pass the same loose regulations to the people. I guess.

No factory bird farms around me though I'm sure they would get special treatment.

It's nice that they pass the same loose regulations to the people. I guess.

No factory bird farms around me though I'm sure they would get special treatment.

I think it's mostly to cover agricultural use (no longer zoned as such, but in the past this property was part of a farm). Thankfully most backyard and small farm set ups I've seen in the area are more in line with the more generous recommendations that you'd typically see on here.

Back
Top Bottom