How many chickens do you have?

Romoshka

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 15, 2012
Clemson, SC
I'm rather new to chickens having just finished my second year. I have 14 2+year old hens in my laying house/run, 26 22week old housed with 14 14week old in another house/run and 22 3 week old in the brooder. And a rooster with 3 hens In another smaller house/run that supply my hatching eggs. All black Australorps. It seems that I have way more than most on this site.

I think you are on the high end but I've read some posts where individual's flocks stretch into the 100's! Personally, I have go beyond 50 or so...quickly reduced by half as these are meat chickens. The remaining 1/2 are layers and the odd rooster.

we have 3 dom, 4 Phoenix, 5 ss, 5 glw, 11 marans, 8 blrw,10 ees, 2 Cochin, 5 polish, 5 slw, 4 bbreds, 11 rir, 1 barnie, 9 silkies, 6 sizzles, an I probably forgotten some,

we have 1 golden comet, 2 lavender orpingtons, 2 RIR, 1 delaware, 1 silver spangled hamburg, 3 easter eggers, 2 houdans, 2 chanteclaires and 2 golden laced W's. However, 5 of these are roosters so that number will soon be dropping by 5.

I have 14 right now though I plan on getting more. I have 2 EE pullets, 1 EE Roo, 4 RSL pullets, 2 SLW pullets, 3 banty hens and 2 banty Roo's. I'm actually incubating some banty eggs right now to try to increase my hen to roo ratio bantam wise. I plan on adding at least 4 more LF hens next spring as well.

I have 16 right now. One rooster and fifteen hens, so I obviously need to buy a few more pretty roosters, right?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom