How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Well, another day and another 10 doz. The pullets are starting to lay larger eggs, what to do with all the small eggs?
They just keep going and going and going. Not complaining.
Started to supply another indoor market which just opened Friday.
Have a great Holiday season. Best of the Season to everyone.
Hi Keene, our little market was selling them in 16's or 18's for the same price as a large dozen, marketed them as "special pullets first eggs" I loved them and bought them for scrambled and quiches, they are so rich and good! Or make the "Pullet Quiches" and sell them yourself for a mint!!

Last edited:
Two. Both Anconas laid again today. This is day #4 in a row for Zia and 3 in a row for Yue - AND she laid a full size Large egg
big_smile.png
Sweet!! I want an egg scale from Santa!!

My Franken chickens as I call them(golden sex links) lay these enormous eggs every day, rarely maybe once a month take a day off. When I chose them at the hatchery I wasn't aware of the early burnout and superlayer effects, I just read "our best layers" "docile" "best food conversion" etc etc, thats what I decided to raise chicks for was big brown eggs and thats what I got for sure! Now after reading up about breeds and becoming slightly more educated I might have picked different breeds. Although when it comes time for new chicks, it will be hard to pass up the fact that they are the sweetest(a little dumb!) and most productive pullets I have and lay beautiful bigger than Jumbo eggs every stinkin day!!

Any suggestions what to do with the pullet eggs. Can't eat them all.
Cold this weekend, but the girls don't seem to mind.
They now are getting some left over pie pumpkins. They like them.

Two (so far, could be Ancona eggs later)

FIRST E.E. egg, an XL (store egg on the left for comparison). Got another Cubalaya egg this morning (to the near right of the EE egg).

The full size Ancona egg is missing in this picture because ... I ATE IT !
big_smile.png

Made a 3 yolk omelette with 2 Ancona eggs this morning. Yue's "regular size" egg turned out to be a double yolker.

Bruce

Two (so far, could be Ancona eggs later)

FIRST E.E. egg, an XL (store egg on the left for comparison). Got another Cubalaya egg this morning (to the near right of the EE egg).

The full size Ancona egg is missing in this picture because ... I ATE IT !
big_smile.png

Made a 3 yolk omelette with 2 Ancona eggs this morning. Yue's "regular size" egg turned out to be a double yolker.

Bruce
That's huge!! love the blur color!

We got 5 today! Yesterday was only 2, day before, four. They are just getting started laying. I have 8 hens. Seems like the first egg they lay always has a little more yuck on it than the later ones. Someone laid their first today. These chickens are much more fun than I ever imagined they'd be, even when it's cold out and I have to change their water and feed them!

Back
Top Bottom