How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

26 old hens and only one egg today. I got to it while it was still warm and before that darn chicken ate it. I don't know if mice eat eggs, but I have a chicken that will eat her fill if she gets a chance.

sad.png

One from Zia yesterday and another today as well as one from Yue (both Anconas) and another small roundish one that we have yet to figure out who to thank for it.

Bruce

I have added to t he flock now up to 122 and avg 115-118 eggs a day.
62 of these are from old hens. They are now year old + When do they slow down? I have been looking for them to start the molt.
I had one molt and boy was she crazy.

I have added to t he flock now up to 122 and avg 115-118 eggs a day.
62 of these are from old hens. They are now year old + When do they slow down? I have been looking for them to start the molt.
I had one molt and boy was she crazy.
I have some chickens that are 4 years old now. They started to slow down about a year ago, but still were laying some until the days got so short. We only have about 9 hours of daylight and lots of cloudy days here. I don't know how they will do when the days get longer. However, at their other job (weeding my garden) they are doing very well. Maybe that is how I will justify having an old age coop.

Back
Top Bottom