How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

2/7
rant.gif

hi, i will admit first to not reading this whole thread, but your last comment has me curious...we had chickens when i was younger and we use to get 1 egg a day per hen or so. I dont think we ever got more than that...a lady i work with told me she has 9 hens right now and she is getting 15-17 eggs a day. Is that even possible?! my first thought was... uh.. yea right...maybe once! but before I put that little tid bit in my pocket for later and not listen to anything else she offers up as bs, i thought i would double check!

hi, i will admit first to not reading this whole thread, but your last comment has me curious...we had chickens when i was younger and we use to get 1 egg a day per hen or so. I dont think we ever got more than that...a lady i work with told me she has 9 hens right now and she is getting 15-17 eggs a day. Is that even possible?! my first thought was... uh.. yea right...maybe once! but before I put that little tid bit in my pocket for later and not listen to anything else she offers up as bs, i thought i would double check!

I think she's getting six or eight eggs a day from her hens, and buying a dozen every other day at the store to supplement and make up the difference.
If she had hens consistently laying two a day she could sell them to the huge egg companies for a fortune, they'd be cloning the DNA.
lau.gif

Four hens, Four eggs today.
Yesterday (Memorial day) three of them took the day off, and I only got one egg. I don't begrudge them, they deserve a vacation day on a holiday. Anyway, they've given me 94 eggs in the past 30 days, so they're earning their keep.

D.gif

Back
Top Bottom