How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I got none
hit.gif
Mine aren't laying yet, the freeloaders!

yippiechickie.gif
mine has not slacked up at all this year. i have gotten 15 out of the 19 hens. ok maybe slowed a lil but overall a great number this time of year i think.
yesss.gif

AND I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ANYONE THAT KNOWS DUCKS. I HAVE A FLOCK OF 7 GIRLS AND 2 MALES AND THEY HAVE STARTED BREEDING ABOUT 4-5 WEEKS AGO AND STARTED LAYING ABOUT 3-4 WEEKS AGO, I GUESS IT IS THE SPRING LIKE WEATHER IN THIS PART OF FL. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? I AM NOT MAD AT THEM CAUSE I WANTED TO START A LIL DUCK PROJECT COME SPRING I GUESS I CAN JUST START EARLY BUT I HAVE ONLY HAD ONE DUCK HATCH OUT IN THE 1 YEAR I WAS DOING IT, I HAVE HAD SEVERAL CHICKS HATCH BUT NOT GOOD WITH DUCKS, SO ANY ADVICE ON INCUBATION FOR DUCKS WOULD BE GREAT AS WELL. THANKS IN ADVANCE. AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!
ya.gif
love.gif
smile.png
wee.gif

Hi all,

my hens are slacking incredibly this winter--I have about 40 laying hens, and I am averaging 3 eggs per day, yes, just three!! My flock is nearing the end of a very heavy molt this year. I have about 7 previously good layers who will be 3 in the spring. I am wondering if they are going to resume laying well after their molt. or if I will have to wait until the days get longer? I also have quite a few who are just under a year (acquired last spring as day-old peeps), and just a few of those are laying.

I upped their protein to 20% Flock Raiser mixed with Payback 22% Fryer Ration, as this seemed to help last winter.

I am looking over the flock with an eye for trimming it down a bit, but I do want to give everyone a chance to finish molting before I decide.

Any suggestions?

None. NO eggs. Not even my banties. But my layer flock did molt heavily, and almost all of them are over 5 years, so I'll cut them some slack.
wink.png

Barkinghills, have you tried worming them? Sometimes it'll help egg production. If it isn't that, you could have a few egg-eaters, which roll-out nest boxes would fix.

Back
Top Bottom