How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I got 5/5 yesterday. Every other day or so I get an egg with a double yolk. Most days are 4/5. Is it possible that one hen keeps laying a double yolk??

12 dozen. Should be getting 16 to 18 dozen. My older flock needs to be sold off. 2-3 year olds not laying + at least a couple egg eaters.... Sigh.
One day, one coop. This is just part of the days eggs. These ones are extras and are auction bound.

Good news for the day,9/9 consistantly for last week, The Red Comets and the leghorns may not be the friendliest chickens but what they do, they do well, produce eggs!

Bad news for the day....something got into the little coop and we've lost a Brahma and a Buff. We think our 10 year old daughter went into the coop sometime today and didn't latch it when she left ( the joys of ADHD and Autism), but somehow the very heavy and high up on the door latch was opened. Around 7pm my hubby went out to collect eggs and check the waterers and he saw a Buff running across the backyard and a Easter Egger flying back into the little coop! He had to round up the rest of the babies and get them back in the little run, they've never been out of their run so it was a trying experience for my hubby to get them back in! while rounding them up he was doing a head count and realized he was missing two, he finally found them in the little coop under the ladder. He said they both had a chunk missing from their neck and there was blood and feathers all over the coop. He had to clean and sanitize the coop while calming our daughter and the remaining babies down. Not to mention he was trying not to cry himself! When I came home he had to tell me what happened and we all started crying!
hit.gif
We have become really attached to the babies in the new flock!

Back
Top Bottom