How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Thursday

10 eggs

3 eggs from the control group

7 eggs from the free range chickens and all due to the turkeys resting near the nesting box's
lau.gif

Temp 114F degrees

17 eggs today. 2nd broody hen finally gave up & is off the nest. The 1 egg that looked dark was ROTTEN! when I cracked it to see what was going on ( it was also stone cold when I got home from my parents house today). Fortunately, I cracked it outside of the coop! I was going to go get that broody some chicks on Friday morning, but I guess I won't now.

Great story, sounds like the ladys know what to do now
smile.png

My girls finally started laying 3 days ago. So far I have 9 eggs but 2 of them I found out of the nests? They were in the run under the coop? Is there a way to prevent this or is it normal for them at first to just lay where ever they are to lay when they are ready? Help.

My girls finally started laying 3 days ago.  So far I have 9 eggs but 2 of them I found out of the nests?  They were in the run under the coop? Is there a way to prevent this or is it normal for them at first to just lay where ever they are to lay when they are ready?  Help.

Mine girls lay in one nesting box.... But today I found one just outside the box covered a bit... Congratulations on your eggs

Im up to 8 eggs a day, so hoping for the other girls to start laying,
They free rang andthey get meal worms ,Sunflower seeds, watermelon oyster shells plenty water

Friday

10 eggs

4 eggs from the control group chickens
clap.gif

6 eggs from the free range chickens
cool.png

I have two EE hens sitting on the same nest as I keep removing the third lady every day and this evening I see she is now just watching off to the side
lau.gif
silly girl .....

Temp is staying at a steady 114F degrees ..

Lost my baby girl turkey at 13 weeks of age
hit.gif
and she looked so healthy .

Back
Top Bottom