How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Happy Groundhog day. Phil in PENNSYLVANIA saw his shadow. Says 6 more weeks of winter. Our groundhog Chuckles, here in CONNECTICUT, did not see her shadow. Says an early spring is coming. Yes I'm rooting for Chuckles. I want an early spring. I talked to my girls and they would like spring now, right now.
5/5 today. GC

Last edited:
8/9+ 2. Olive egger back to sizing up nest boxes again....hoping egg coming SOON
1f600.png
Although I think at this point she's just getting a kick out of messing with me! Lol

17/20, like you I have marans that should start laying shortly plus 2 easter eggers.  I just wonder if the lack of light will hold the start of their laying up.

Im thinking it may delay mine, plus were in the 20's so they wont go out. Mine are 19 weeks. The other girls have picked up alot even though it has been cold. I was getting 6 to 8 a day. Last 2 weeks they have doubled.Good luck with your marans. I really like them. They have mixed in nicely with the older gals.

Yesterday power in coop out about 3 hours gave stale hamburger buns today 15 still yesterday
then to find out my F-l cockerel was locked outside the coop with two of his ladies last night
did not look around had seen him at the water buckets after light came on as I was leaving I was sure
no peripheral vision here and only site is left eye 30 % obviously missed them

home grown EE surprised me mid Oct hatch gave me

for a total of 16

3 eggs
1f629.png
Norm for fl winter is 8-10
Hmmmmm 5+6+6+4+1= 22 hens....... lmao yes they are lazy lazy girls ...they Hate winter. What winter!? It's fl! Are you kidding me!? Gourmet meals and no eggs!? I hope I don't have anymore egg eaters I just had to sell a batch of those lol raptors.

1f414.png
But in exciting new the giant Wyandotte FINALLY laid her first egg. The tiniest one of all. Smaller than a average silkie egg. Hooray 'Pillow Chicken'!
1f44f.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom