How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

16 eggs yesterday- didn't come home till late last night, work load was up to 10th floor
1f633.png
(exaggerated)
1f624.png

My bantam pullets just started laying!! I have a Mille fluer d'uccle and a bantam black white crested polish and a golden laced polish.. I've been looking for eggs for the past couple weeks and just today I found 10 little eggs! 9 little white ones in one nest and one little brown one in another.. still waiting on the big white Cochin to lay though.. but those ten eggs were definitely laid within the past 3 days! And I collected 6 eggs from my adult coop (6 hens.. variety of breeds)
I was so excited to find those little eggs!! I took pictures of them and also compared the little size to my Delaware hens HUGE brown eggs lol

I also have a question, I've been finding random eggs laid just anywhere by my Easter ever (I know that because they're the only green ones). I found two on the coop out side of the best boxes and one in the middle of my yard.. and they have some blood on them.. yet she still is laying regular, clean eggs in the nest box too.. the fandoms ones shells are rough in texture I like the ones she lays in the nest and like I said had some blood on them.. is something wrong with her?? She's laying a lot of eggs.. just some are a bit abnormal and laid randomly like as if she just kinda dropped em there like egg diarrhea or something lol

This is almost all of the eggs I gathered today.. I left one little brown one in a nest box for now so the pullets learn to keep using that nest (besides it's like refrigerator outside anyway lol)

This is almost all of the eggs I gathered today.. I left one little brown one in a nest box for now so the pullets learn to keep using that nest (besides it's like refrigerator outside anyway lol)
Two of those little eggs fit just perfect on toast! Yum! Had some this morning. I like the way I have a distribution of yolk over the entire slice instead of just one spot like a big egg...lol.
droolin.gif

Two of those little eggs fit just perfect on toast! Yum! Had some this morning. I like the way I have a distribution of yolk over the entire slice instead of just one spot like a big egg...lol. :drool

That's a great idea for these little eggs!! Sounds like a delicious plan
1f60a.png
! I'm so used to my beast layers jumbo huge eggs! Lol What kind of (bantam?) hens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom