How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

well @karenerwin beat me tonight think because we got over 85 here
not real common so was not stumped at 10.. did take one noisy girl my own making of sex link cross F-1 she is lavender in colour lay's green eggs took her always low man in the main coop through her in new coop taking a breese told a mix touch of tan in her wings
into the main from the new coop confuse them all a few days why not

Well, the good news is that I had 19 eggs on Saturday. :wee

The bad news is that when we came home from our friends house around 11 PM and I checked on my 3 turkeys, I found 1 was dead (missing head, neck & 1 wing) and a 2nd one is injured. :hit I think her injury looks worse than it is :fl. It looks like the predator (probably a raccoon) was able to pull a large patch of skin off of her head.:sick
Anyway, I brought her inside and the remaining uninjured turkey inside. The turkeys hadn't gone in the coop the last 2 nights because the barred rock hen was exerting her dominance ( pecking the turkeys and even springing surprise attacks on them). I had been thinking of moving her to another coop, but was giving it another couple of days to see if they would work it out. :he :mad: :mad: Guess I shouldn't have waited.

The bad news is that when we came home from our friends house around 11 PM and I checked on my 3 turkeys, I found 1 was dead (missing head, neck & 1 wing) and a 2nd one is injured. :hit I think her injury looks worse than it is :fl. It looks like the predator (probably a raccoon) was able to pull a large patch of skin off of her head.:sick
Anyway, I brought her inside and the remaining uninjured turkey inside. The turkeys hadn't gone in the coop the last 2 nights because the barred rock hen was exerting her dominance ( pecking the turkeys and even springing surprise attacks on them). I had been thinking of moving her to another coop, but was giving it another couple of days to see if they would work it out. :he :mad: :mad: Guess I shouldn't have waited.

good grief have you hard wired the coops? I would criss x cross the wires at this point

I had put metal flashing around the bottom of the of the run, either the coon pulled it loose or it wasn't secured well enough. We just got home from buying a 50 ft roll of welded wire mesh. Hopefully, this will solve the problem.

Our dog use to keep more predators away, but she kept scaring the neighbor, so we had to put up a fence. Now she can't get to that 1 coop.

neighbors and be darned let her back to them the dog is what you need to keep them safe not make buddies right gave my caregiver a cockerel today as I do not want one and very pretty bird she brought her one young son he is a good kid but not afraid of anything he wanted to play with the new pup again... Snow has grown up to care for birds not play with kids no you cannot see the dog his Mom's understand though

Neighbor already called animal control a couple of months ago. That's why we had to build a fence. Otherwise they were going to take her. Neighbor claimed she bite her. But she didn't. Animal control asked to see the marks & she changed her story.

Back
Top Bottom