How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

16 eggs today. Went to the feed store. They only had white turkeys & white palm turkeys left. We bought the last 3 white broad breasted turkeys. They are about a month younger than the 2 bronze turkeys that survived. The 3 new birds are in the brooder for the next month or so. Added a better, more water tight roof to coop #3. That's going to be the turkey coop.

Im working on my 3rd coop Ill have 2 -10 x 16 both with large covers runs and a 10x8 with large run I use it for juveniles. I need one more large cage or small coop for the little feathers ones that like to fly all over :)

16 eggs today. There may have been a few more but one of the barred rocks in the main coop appears to be going broody. Today was the first day I have seen her staying in the nest box. At first I thought she was just laying a late egg. However, she pecked me hard twice when I tried to look under her for eggs. I did manage to get 1 egg out from under her, but don't know if there are others or not. If she sticks with brooding I will put some or all of the 6 Black Penedesenca eggs under her. They are due to hatch on June 5th. I wonder if she is the same barred rock that had gone broody a couple of months ago, but had her nest taken over by another hen.

So far the injured turkey is doing well. I am waiting for her to get enough of a scab on her head so that she doesn't get flies laying eggs in/on her head, before I put her and the tom back outside. I moved the 4 chicken hens to a different coop. I moved 2 of them last night (but they flew over the fence and went back "home" this afternoon. I moved the 4 of them tonight and will probably leave that coop locked up at least until this weekend. They have a small enclosed run attached to their coop, they just won't get access to the large yard.

23 eggs combined from Tuesday & Wednesday. I am pretty sure there are more but the barred rock was back on the nest all day today and I didn't want to get pecked, so I didn't try to look under her. :oops: I'm going to candle the eggs in the incubator tonight and then move the viable ones out under her either tonight, or sometime tomorrow. I am hoping she accepts the eggs and is successful hatching them and raising them. :fl If she is the same Barred Rock that went broody earlier in the year, the 2 eggs that she hatched she rejected the chicks. The other broody ended up adopting 1 of them (the other was dead when I found it). The adopted 1 didn't end up making it either, I think a big chicken stepped on it.

I had a very young barred that thought she wanted to be broody gave her three I hatched slipped them in as they where dry from incubator less than a day she was great for two days then one by one they where found dead... have not had a broody again...
15 between both was moving one breese cross I acquired near age to lay tried in the new small coop not happy then put her in main coop but tough for just one ... she is actually starting to make friends with my 2 noisy homegrown olive eggers

Back
Top Bottom