How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I think I may just give her 2 or 3 eggs and hatch the rest in the incubator. They are due on June 5th. I would REALLY like for them to be broody raised instead of brooder raised! I am hoping since this will be her 2nd attempt, she won't be freaked out by the hatching chicks! Wish me luck!:fl

I think I may just give her 2 or 3 eggs and hatch the rest in the incubator. They are due on June 5th. I would REALLY like for them to be broody raised instead of brooder raised! I am hoping since this will be her 2nd attempt, she won't be freaked out by the hatching chicks! Wish me luck!:fl

best of luck I sold blue at auction so do not have one now, I do have a easter egger cockerel I am raising also hatched two marans eggs hoping onr may be cockerel to raise also in my little coop can handle to roosters 2 hens so 4 total is it's max

Im sorry my fellow chicken keepers. My Leg horn going broody was enough for me.
She did great for a young hen.But I have too many chickens in all my coops to let her raise them. I'm pretty certain most would have died. Crazy Chicken got mites I believe, and is still ripping feathers out.She has been back in the coop close to two weeks now.And to be honest I think the hole brooding hen thing is to hard on them and isn't the best way these days.If your flocks 8 or less maybe fun but I have near 60 and 4 Turkeys.I do not have a predator problem in my Runs and the last thing I want to deal with when I arrive home Is dead chicks and my 4/5 and 8 year old grandchildren.
All her chicks are thriving in my brooder.

Zero. Same as every other chicken day for the last few months.

are they all molting does or did look as like you could make a feather bed? you had said they where 1 1/2 right about time for the first big molt cool oatmeal and yogurt fed helps them get through a bit faster

I am here my more normal 18 of 27

Bald Rooster, don't be sorry. You have to do what is best for your situation. I moved the Barred rock today and took 6 of the 7 eggs she was sitting on. So that makes a total of 29 for Tuesday/Wednesday. I didn't candle the Penedesenca eggs until tonight. 2 clears, 1 early quitter, and 3 that may hatch. I put those 3 under the Barred rock at lock up and took all the rest of the eggs that she was sitting on.

16 eggs for today. The injured turkey looks MUCH better. I hope to get her outside at least a little bit tomorrow and hopefully will have the coop re-sided by this weekend so they can move back in. I've been doing a lot of running around with my daughter & my mother so I haven't had as much time to work as I would like. I did manage to shovel out almost all of the gross, poo encrusted river rock that covered the bottom of that coop. (It was suppose to help with the drainage problem, but just ended up making it worse). Still trying to figure out how to correct that problem, if anybody has any suggestions. (Concrete slab with no slope).
The 3 eggs should hatch on June 5th.:fl

is there a way to chip out a center whole to wash it to the ground.... Glad the Turkey is doing better.... good luck on hatching

Back
Top Bottom