How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

6/9 yesterday. Some poor girl is laying very large eggs. I weighed one, 2.4 oz and I'm not sure who it is. If it's one of the Aussie girls I don't feel quite so bad, they're bigger than the one year olds.
68 grams isn't all that big. I have several girls that lay that or bigger routinely. Of course I don't know what breeds you have. I wouldn't want my little Exchequer Leghorns to put out one that big. At the moment, big for Mint is 46 grams (1.63 oz).

.... We put Rosemary, onions, mayonnaise , Mustard, just a pinch of garlic and salt and pepper. Your favorite cracker.. and its all good.
:p i was skimming through the posts so fast that for just a moment those seemed thike good names for a batch of chicks if you decide to hatch some of those eggs! :lau

:oops: need sleep....
got 2 / 3 today again.... EE being a slacker (sigh).

I got 5! And they all had shells! Poor little dominicker gets into the nest before roost time, she wants to lay but it isn't happening that molting has shut down the factory. I've never had a hen actually miss laying, its kind of sad. I'm worried when she starts back she'll go broody acting like that, hope not she's mean. :)

Back
Top Bottom