How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

3/4 here this morning - just the silkie that didn't lay (although she often lays in the afternoon so all hope not lost!). No double yoker today though! My 11 (nearly) 12 year old is just making some banana muffins - first baking we have done with our own eggs :lovecan't wait!
I decided to use a larger egg to make brownies yesterday and it was a double yolker!!!! My first one. They tasted extra delicious, btw.

3/4 here this morning - just the silkie that didn't lay (although she often lays in the afternoon so all hope not lost!).
Scrap that - I checked this evening and she'd laid at some point this afternoon (she obviously hasnt' read the book about laying before 10 :lau) so another 4/4 day :weeHubby is now questioning if we'll need any more chickens after this hatch :eek:as he is worried too many eggs! What on earth does he mean by not needing more chickens - I have so many on my list I want! I'm sure I'll find something to do with the eggs :lau
I decided to use a larger egg to make brownies yesterday and it was a double yolker!!!! My first one. They tasted extra delicious, btw.
Yum I bet they did!! The muffins were yummy too - we managed to finish all of them!

Hubby is now questioning if we'll need any more chickens after this hatch :eek:as he is worried too many eggs! What on earth does he mean by not needing more chickens - I have so many on my list I want! I'm sure I'll find something to do with the eggs :lau
I bet you have friends that would take the extra eggs. If you are lucky some of them might recognize the difference in quality from store bought factory farm eggs and will pay you for them.

Also tell him that the girls that are laying now likely won't lay next winter so you need some new ones now that will lay (hopefully) through their pullet winter.

Returned to the farm today to discover 9/15 hens broody, each on a pile of eggs. The farm sitter took good care of the flock feeding and cleaning but did not deal with the broodies...said the roo wouldn't let her (that I can believe). I guess we'll have to figure out what to do in the morning. She said some of them have been sitting for over two weeks so we are close to having chicks.....a lot of them. :jumpy

Returned to the farm today to discover 9/15 hens broody, each on a pile of eggs. The farm sitter took good care of the flock feeding and cleaning but did not deal with the broodies...said the roo wouldn't let her (that I can believe). I guess we'll have to figure out what to do in the morning. She said some of them have been sitting for over two weeks so we are close to having chicks.....a lot of them. :jumpy

Well peepers are always good, right? lol

Back
Top Bottom