How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

14 chicken & 1 turkey. First turkey egg for us.
IMG_20190331_155531.jpg

9 form the main coop 6 from silky did not take them yesterday. Okay new here have 8 BC marans eggs I was incubating now I get to brag a bit my Silky the one I named mud she is black has gone broody left their eggs in there for 2 days tonight took the ones from the incubator alive all but two carried to Mud pulled all banty one by one replacing with the marans eggs as I went she held her skirt up till I was done then settled on them for the night :bow

I am getting 6-9 eggs per day out of 10 Hens right now. I am in Michigan and we just had snow today but things are on the up and up. My birds free ranged for hours this weekend 300 feet from their coop. They are happy Michigan winter is ending.
We had snow too, most of my birds refused to come out of the coop. Thankfully it didn't last long. I have had it with winter. I was outside building nesting boxes yesterday, watching my breath condense in front of me. I just can't keep waiting for better weather. Things need done.

9 form the main coop 6 from silky did not take them yesterday. Okay new here have 8 BC marans eggs I was incubating now I get to brag a bit my Silky the one I named mud she is black has gone broody left their eggs in there for 2 days tonight took the ones from the incubator alive all but two carried to Mud pulled all banty one by one replacing with the marans eggs as I went she held her skirt up till I was done then settled on them for the night :bow
Good mama! I really want a couple silkies for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom