How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

3 eggs from 6 hens. It was a slow day.
hmm.png
Think that’s slow?
I got no eggs from 5 hens!!! Same as yesterday !

I believe my girls have started motling, so I have not been getting a lot recently. My older girls are not laying anything, one of the older girls is only broody when there are eggs in the box so she has gotten a broody brake a for ittle while. My EE is definately molting, I can see pin feathers coming up on her chest. My JGs just stopped so I am guessing maybe molting? Oh, and my turkey does not lay eggs, but it is a tom so... lol.
15 hens that are not laying. Fun...
Hope it does not last long.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this or not, but I'm a first time chicken/duck mom and they're getting close to laying age. They share the same coop but the chickens roost up towards the ceiling over a poop board. I have some milk carton nesting boxes attached to the wall about 2 feet off the ground, but I'm concerned the chickens won't lay in them because the ducks can reach up that high but can't reach inside due to the placement of the outside perches. I have another nesting box I was thinking of mounting above these for the chickens. Ducks will lay anywhere but I have floor nesting boxes for them also. If you share space with ducks/ chickens, what have you found that works?

I don't know if this is the right thread for this or not, but I'm a first time chicken/duck mom and they're getting close to laying age. They share the same coop but the chickens roost up towards the ceiling over a poop board. I have some milk carton nesting boxes attached to the wall about 2 feet off the ground, but I'm concerned the chickens won't lay in them because the ducks can reach up that high but can't reach inside due to the placement of the outside perches. I have another nesting box I was thinking of mounting above these for the chickens. Ducks will lay anywhere but I have floor nesting boxes for them also. If you share space with ducks/ chickens, what have you found that works?
I used to have a couple of evil ducks. The chicken hens laid in the nest where the duck hen laid. The duck hen made that nest. On the floor. Behind the designated laying place.
My chickens never again laid their eggs anywhere other than the floor. They DID change the spot a few times…

Back
Top Bottom