How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Another 100% day, 8 out of 8. One of them had such a thin shell that it slightly cracked when I picked it. The membrane didn't break and it didn't leak anything so I cooked it and ate it. I guess it's time for some more eggshells and wetted down pellets for them to give them a boost of calcium.

I gave them a few apples this morning. Figured they could use the extra carbs to keep warm in this colder weather.

We are in no danger of snow here for a while but expecting frosts soon. It usually turns between Halloween and Guy Fawkes night.
For us it's a huge window between the end of September to the beginning of November. Somewhere during that time we'll get like 5 minutes of fall, then it gets cold. 😏

Didn't Guy Fawkes attempt to blow up Parliment or something like that? Is Guy Fawkes night an actual holiday in UK that's "celebrated"? Excuse my ignorance. :idunno
He attempted to blow up the houses of parliament during the kings visit. He was caught before he could do it and the gunpowder removed from a celler under the houses of parliament. We burn effigies of him ( or just have a big bonfire, fireworks and tasty treats) to celebrate his complete failure.

Remember, remember, the 5th of November,

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

I see no reason

Why gunpowder treason

Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent

To blow up the King and the Parliament

Three score barrels of powder below

Poor old England to overthrow

By God's providence he was catch'd

With a dark lantern and burning match

Holler boys, holler boys, let the bells ring

Holler boys, holler boys

God save the King!

He attempted to blow up the houses of parliament during the kings visit. He was caught before he could do it and the gunpowder removed from a celler under the houses of parliament. We burn effigies of him ( or just have a big bonfire, fireworks and tasty treats) to celebrate his complete failure.

Remember, remember, the 5th of November,

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

I see no reason

Why gunpowder treason

Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent

To blow up the King and the Parliament

Three score barrels of powder below

Poor old England to overthrow

By God's providence he was catch'd

With a dark lantern and burning match

Holler boys, holler boys, let the bells ring

Holler boys, holler boys

God save the King!
Thank you for the explanation. The foiling of Guy Hawkes plan sounds like a worthy thing to celebrate!

Back
Top Bottom