How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

All 3 today, though Juillet’s was a bit of a surprise. She was last to lay, and didn’t do so until we were all out foraging. She just stopped in the middle of bug-hunting (out in the open, I might add), strained a bit and then dropped her egg right by my foot. She gave it one good nuzzle to show it off and then promptly forgot it existed as she chased off to lay claim to the large snail Août had just found 😅

I have to play catch up again. Friday was 11 eggs, 10 Saturday and 11 today.
Hubby was on egg collection duty those days. We had broken eggs Friday and Saturday so he said "do you think we have any vandals?" And proceeded to drop one of the eggs himself today. 😏
It was a pretty weekend all and all but it would have been better if we were able to see the aurora. We had thunderstorms that night. :(

Well we think we got 13 today... But with all four of us going on and out and playing and cleaning, eggs were brought in at random as we checked on our newly broken broodies lol

We have 17 year old hens, one that I don't think lays at all (she has issues but bc they are pets moreso she stays) and we had one lay a softshell egg in coop last night (watched her do it and the others attack it lol)

Swapped out nest boxes to new set so hopefully they'll lay in them tomorrow and not go on strike like they did for a week when we assembled their new run expansion lol

17155756495641045608399.jpg
1715575712904739011040.jpg

3 days eggs... 7 from 7 plus mum today..
2nd pic, left to right..
mummas egg 3 days ago.. Laying every 2nd day now. Daisy's egg, 16 1/2 wks, tiny's egg, same age as Daisy, eggs are so small.. 18wk old Miracle's egg... Mums is 89 grams

Back
Top Bottom