How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Please help me! I looked out of my bedroom window and saw one of my new chickens standing on a low wall with her wings all droopy. I rushed out to check she was ok and water was dripping from her rear end. Panic! Ran back indoors to Google it and when I went back out she had just dropped an egg with no shell, unbroken.
I have one older hen and two who have been laying for just over a week and YES, one has laid TWO eggs daily for 4 dats.
I am really concerned as it cannot be good for her and I am afraid she will be run down.
They get corn and layers mash and have oyster shell available. What can I give her? A tonic? Vitamins?

Please help me! I looked out of my bedroom window and saw one of my new chickens standing on a low wall with her wings all droopy. I rushed out to check she was ok and water was dripping from her rear end. Panic! Ran back indoors to Google it and when I went back out she had just dropped an egg with no shell, unbroken.
I have one older hen and two who have been laying for just over a week and YES, one has laid TWO eggs daily for 4 dats.
I am really concerned as it cannot be good for her and I am afraid she will be run down.
They get corn and layers mash and have oyster shell available. What can I give her? A tonic? Vitamins?

,That happened to one of my hens a month ago...i started giving them salads and fruits......along with oyster shell......i have not since had a repeat....but from what ive researched that is caused from a calcium deficiency......

Went out about 3:00 the EE that was given to us was on the nest so I let her be since she was really bunched up trying to lay. I go out about 20 minutes later after things quieted down and this is the beauty she blessed us with......

With all the cackling and carrying on I thought she was trying to pass another 3 1/2 " egg like she did about a week ago. The thing was huge. I was sure surprised to find this, never seen such a small egg.

Back
Top Bottom