How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I have 9 chickens and got 2 DOZEN ... from the farmer down the road ...
hit.gif
... mine are only 3 weeks old!...
lau.gif
patience, my friend, patience.

Don't worry .... I've only got 7 hens and collected a solid dozen eggs in 2 days... That's what you will have soon... No more from down the road... You'll be giving yours away lol

Usually I get 3 eggs out of my 5 hens. One of the two that hadn't been laying just started laying recently. Normally very small eggs. About one out of three eggs I get from this hen will be a little larger than the others but it will be a double yolk. Very small yolks. Today I got the 4th egg and it looks like this... What would cause this?

7 so far.

Where does a question about eggshells go? Someone has laid a soft-shelled egg three days in a row, and the hens are eating them. (i find leftover telltale soft shell bits) They have a dish of crushed dried eggshells for calcium. What's up?

7 so far.

Where does a question about eggshells go? Someone has laid a soft-shelled egg three days in a row, and the hens are eating them. (i find leftover telltale soft shell bits) They have a dish of crushed dried eggshells for calcium. What's up?

Try adding crushed oyster shell for added calcium... It helped when my hen started laying soft shells... Just add an open bowl or mix it with the feed you use... I also would add an electrolyte / vitamin compound to the drinking water. It will help with any internal parra cites that might be causing it.

Back
Top Bottom