How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Ok guys... HELP!!!!!!

2 hatchling ducks were found by a very busy road by a couple of kids who took them to school. Teachers saved them, placed them in a box with towels and called ME!!! :eek:

I don't know ducks. I know chickens. I've got starter feed today ( thank God I garbed the big bag) for my chicks and now I have that but what about the waterer? Do I need a bowl or one like the chicks? What temp should I keep the brooder? Will a hen that just hatched chicks foster these ducklings? HELP...

I may be totally missing something obvious, but what are the 3 numbers for? For example 2/3/4

Number of eggs / number of hens laying / total number of hens owned. Like today I would be 6/6/7... I've got 1 hen that went broody and has sense hatched 2 littles. Still to early to say but I think 1 is pullet 1 is cockerel .

Number of eggs / number of hens laying / total number of hens owned. Like today I would be 6/6/7... I've got 1 hen that went broody and has sense hatched 2 littles. Still to early to say but I think 1 is pullet 1 is cockerel .

Ahh okay thanks that makes perfect sense. Congrats on the chicks!

Just lost one o those rescue ducklings. It was acting real mellow and calm so I figured he was hurt or sick. Yes it's sad but I'm hopeful for the other one. Very active and already eating and drinking. I've replaced the water that the other was drinking to keep any contagion down. I'm just glad I was there to hold the baby as he breathed his last. He was thrashing and flipping around until I picked him up. Cradled him in my hand and he calmly closed his eyes and drifted away. It's not the first rescue animal I've lost but it is my first duck. I grew up bringing things home and helping lost animals grow and find new homes. These ducks are my first rescues sense I had kids 7 years ago but I know that it's ok. Great. I'm crying. Later guys.

Back
Top Bottom