How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I've been only getting 1-2 eggs every few days from my 10 hens. Unfortunately I found one of my girls dead today. I don't know what happened to her as she had no signs of anything getting to her. It may have been just old age. Most of my gals are in the moulting stage.

I've been only getting 1-2 eggs every few days from my 10 hens. Unfortunately I found one of my girls dead today. I don't know what happened to her as she had no signs of anything getting to her. It may have been just old age. Most of my gals are in the moulting stage.

Sorry for your loss
1f614.png

@Wickedchicken6 Yes my 5 girls do lay early, by 9am most days.
I turn a light on around 5am and open the coop. I also light up the run. I don't add light in the evening. Only a nightlight so they can fly up to the roost. I turn off the nightlight when I lock up the coop.
Was 27 Fahrenheit this morning. Collected 1 at 5:15am and 4 at 9am. My girls are amazing, love my girls. GC

Last edited:
7 eggs today
Here's the breakdown: 0 for 8 from the EE coop where there are several ladies in a major molt; 5 from 10 and 2 from 4. I know some of the 4 are molting. None of the Black Penedesencas (2 of them) have laid an egg in a month. 1 was busy raising chicks but now that the chicks are over 4 months old, she has stopped mothering them.
It was a beautiful day out here today. High 70's/low 80's sunny with a slight breeze.

Back
Top Bottom