How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

2 of 3 which is odd because my polish was in the laying box this morning but didn’t lay. I don’t think she’s broody because she hasn’t shown any other signs of broodiness.. any ideas what might be going on?
It's probably nothing, but I would watch her close for a few days. How old is she?

2 of 3 which is odd because my polish was in the laying box this morning but didn’t lay. I don’t think she’s broody because she hasn’t shown any other signs of broodiness.. any ideas what might be going on?
Sometimes broody starts off slow and all the crazy kicks in little by little and one day you’ve suddenly got a 3 alarm screaming pancake.

I have a few girls that will sometimes go sit in the nest for a while even if they don’t lay an egg that day, they’re just following their routine. If she doesn’t end up broody it may just be that.

Other birds just do not lay daily

Back
Top Bottom