How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Hmm, could you try to get more pictures?
The black mark around the vent is from other chickens bitting them since they wer "exposed "

A friend told me it may be because they went broody and they spend long hours sitting on eggs that cud be why they lost their feathers. Could that be a cause too??

Attachments

• 20210616_200401.jpg
    20210616_200401.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210616_200418.jpg
    20210616_200418.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The black mark around the vent is from other chickens bitting them since they wer "exposed "

A friend told me it may be because they went broody and they spend long hours sitting on eggs that cud be why they lost their feathers. Could that be a cause too??
Looks like a broody or odd molt

13 today. Is been a few weeks since we’ve had that many. One busted in my hand as I was trying to get some poop off. It’s that one with thin shells. I wish I knew who that was. They get layer pellets, egg shells and even some oyster shell in their scratch. The thin shell definitely isn’t due to lack of available calcium.

Oh yes, that's very possible. Some hens pluck their feathers out when they go broody. :)

Back
Top Bottom