How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Hey I pickup 2 Brown Leghorns excited only white ones as a kid no one is in the banty coop so they will go up there to keep them from all my flocks no one in their coop just now
Never had any color of Leghorn. We had RIRs as a kid. I’ve been wanting my own banty birds for a while. I’m like a kid at Christmas!

A whooping 1...that I found. The girls are very good about going to the nesting boxes, I think the heat is getting to them. The past 2 days it was 2 each day. We usually get 3-4. 1 of the days I had to bring a chicken in and deal with what I originally thought was heat exhaustion but was likely really impacted crop (she had laid that day though).
ETA: we only have 4 hens (well I guess they’re hens now? It’s just about their 1st birthday)

11 today. I got started on the bachelor pad/ broody getaway. It was so hot. 8’x8’ level and square floor joists outer part is done. Not much but a start. I’m scavenging from all over my place. Honestly, I think it will be better built than my main coop, when it’s done.
Aren’t they always? We learn each time we build something ☺️

Back
Top Bottom