How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I'm curious to know what you folks know about the supposed bad feed issue and the low egg counts
Don't buy into it. I got 7 eggs today, from my 14x (23 week 2 day old) pullets, that have just started laying.

From what it seems... The issues have been related to shortened days due to winter ; molting ; and aging hens that slow down after year 2.

There have been people that have tested their feeds. Including a thread on here of someone willing to test your feed for you, if you think your feed is causing your egg production to drop.

None of the conspiracy theories have been proven. Just people seeing something on the internet somewhere, and repeating it to be fact.

If it were REALLY true... I would imagine the ENTIRE chicken community would be up in arms about it. And it would get a lot of coverage nationwide, if this were truly the case. But I'm not complaining. I got eggs much sooner than I was expecting to. And people on this thread seem to be happy with what they're getting. The days are getting longer, egg production will go up. It's just how it goes.

Including a thread on here of someone willing to test your feed for you, if you think your feed is causing your egg production to drop.
That was me. And that's why I say no to this topic. People are too mean.

Did you see my goose egg, though? 181 gms. From one of my recently rescued Toulouse geese, Thelma and Louise.

*desperately trying to change the subject*

Did you see my goose egg, though? 181 gms. From one of my recently rescued Toulouse geese, Thelma and Louise.

181 grams! Wow! People say "I got a big Ole goose egg", like it's a bad thing... I'd be impressed with a 181 gram goose egg! My pullets just started laying. It would take a half dozen, easy, to equal that. 😂🤣

Last edited:
That was me. And that's why I say no to this topic. People are too mean.

*desperately trying to change the subject*
I do like a goose egg. There are some retired farmers just down the road from us who have some. Their boy was boy goose was hand reared and snuggles with them.

Back
Top Bottom