How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

There's a thread on here somewhere comparing nutrition labels to kiki's list from a few years back.
I know there's some of you on here that don't want to discuss this topic and I'm sorry but I need to tell you guys something I use or I should say used to use Dumor 16% layer crumble my chickens after how many years showed absolutely no interest in that crumble whatsoever this winter and then people started talking about something wrong with the feed so I went out and I took the crumble that was in my coop out of their feeder put it in a bucket went into my front yard and tossed it out onto the snow okay I'm weird I like feeding the crows I do it everyday and I'm going to tell you that pile of feed has been out in the snow in my front yard now for a week the first day I put it out there was last Wednesday there were five crows in my yard they thought they hit the jackpot they investigated and they flew away that pile of feed has not been touched not by crows not by little birds not by squirrels not by Chipmunks not by the possum that frequently visits my house wild animals are not dumb and if a wild animal won't eat it it tells me there's something wrong with it now I'm going to tell you something else my mom gets her feed from Fleet Farm it's called sprout her chickens have not touched that feed since last the end of last summer she has it in her her garage and it's not secure her garage has mice and the mice won't even eat that feed normally a Mile's will chew into a bag and start helping themselves and that bag has been untouched along with her chickens not touching that feed I don't know I I'm just speculating here I have no proof I'm not a scientist but when Birds stop eating their feed and then Wildlife won't also eat it there's something to it

I know there's some of you on here that don't want to discuss this topic and I'm sorry but I need to tell you guys something I use or I should say used to use Dumor 16% layer crumble my chickens after how many years showed absolutely no interest in that crumble whatsoever this winter and then people started talking about something wrong with the feed so I went out and I took the crumble that was in my coop out of their feeder put it in a bucket went into my front yard and tossed it out onto the snow okay I'm weird I like feeding the crows I do it everyday and I'm going to tell you that pile of feed has been out in the snow in my front yard now for a week the first day I put it out there was last Wednesday there were five crows in my yard they thought they hit the jackpot they investigated and they flew away that pile of feed has not been touched not by crows not by little birds not by squirrels not by Chipmunks not by the possum that frequently visits my house wild animals are not dumb and if a wild animal won't eat it it tells me there's something wrong with it now I'm going to tell you something else my mom gets her feed from Fleet Farm it's called sprout her chickens have not touched that feed since last the end of last summer she has it in her her garage and it's not secure her garage has mice and the mice won't even eat that feed normally a Mile's will chew into a bag and start helping themselves and that bag has been untouched along with her chickens not touching that feed I don't know I I'm just speculating here I have no proof I'm not a scientist but when Birds stop eating their feed and then Wildlife won't also eat it there's something to it
Oh and my mom's chickens haven't laid a single egg all winter

Oh and my mom's chickens haven't laid a single egg all winter

20230202_111920.jpg

I started last Saturday with a timer on my light to come on in the hen house at 0400. I went from 2 eggs every other day to 7 eggs yesterday. I am so happy to see eggs coming back. I told my 19 hens they needed to shake them tail-feathers and get them eggs rolling. $8 for 18 Walmart eggs... good grief. I love my girls.

Attachments

• 20230115_133741.jpg
    20230115_133741.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I started last Saturday with a timer on my light to come on in the hen house at 0400. I went from 2 eggs every other day to 7 eggs yesterday. I am so happy to see eggs coming back. I told my 19 hens they needed to shake them tail-feathers and get them eggs rolling. $8 for 18 Walmart eggs... good grief. I love my girls
I started last Saturday with a timer on my light to come on in the hen house at 0400. I went from 2 eggs every other day to 7 eggs yesterday. I am so happy to see eggs coming back. I told my 19 hens they needed to shake them tail-feathers and get them eggs rolling. $8 for 18 Walmart eggs... good grief. I love my girls.
Your girls are beautiful

I use
All the tracks around the pile are from the crows they frequent my yard daily and yet that pile is exactly the same in my front yard other than a slight covering a snow because we got snow two days ago less than an inch but we have sun today and we had Sun yesterday so you can see that crumble in my yard
NUTRENA Hearty Hen. My girls love it and it smells wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom