How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

15 eggs today. One was a silkie egg.

Handed off the dozen silkie eggs I had stockpiled for her, and for fun gave her 3 blue and 3 greens.

Should have a bunch of cute chickies end of the month.

D52DC67E-510F-4867-971D-B655FE7073F9.jpeg

I tried selling the pullet eggs at the market but no one wants them. Can't even give them away... I've got 8 dozen in the fridge plus 12 fertilized from mumma hen
I have bantams, the eggs are small. I brought in a dozen for a coworker. Another coworker was interested in getting some until she saw the size of the eggs. Go figure. :confused:

I have bantams, the eggs are small. I brought in a dozen for a coworker. Another coworker was interested in getting some until she saw the size of the eggs. Go figure. :confused:
Silly people. So fickle!

I have about 4 regular clients that but eggs and then I get others dropping by from time to time. Any extras I give to the family and friends.

But I ended up throwing out a bunch of eggs - breaks my heart. Can’t even give them to the food bank as they are not ‘inspected’. Yet I can haul a bunch of fruit off my trees and give to them - heavens knows if they were sprayed with pesticides! They wouldn’t know!

Crazy.

9 eggs today! The ladies were upset cause no free range time for them today! It’s raining fairly hard out, although the worming would be good, I didnt feel like sitting in the rain with them. LuLu ran down the side of the run after me when I was driving off in the gator! Little sweetie, like she was saying “hey, what about my free range time?” I guess I must be a chicken guy huh?

Silly people. So fickle!

I have about 4 regular clients that but eggs and then I get others dropping by from time to time. Any extras I give to the family and friends.

But I ended up throwing out a bunch of eggs - breaks my heart. Can’t even give them to the food bank as they are not ‘inspected’. Yet I can haul a bunch of fruit off my trees and give to them - heavens knows if they were sprayed with pesticides! They wouldn’t know!

Crazy.
You can always crack the egg and freeze them. I would. Thats free chicken nutrition in the future if necessary. Or, make a flock block! Ugh, I'm with you tho.....that is heart breaking to throw them away. :hugs 🐓❤️

If you’re lucky he won’t puck them all up on you 🤭

This beauty was quite a hit with my chooks.

View attachment 3826058

A Garter snake about 2’ long. The chooks figured it was too much effort to pummel it to death, so the just harassed it instead 😊

Got 23 eggs today, 3 were silkies, tomorrow my eldest niece will pick up the eggs and Friday the class will set the eggs. The students are very eggcited!
(Me not so much as they all end up back here…)
Ever see the cartoon Flintstones? Remember the baby Bam Bam?? My chicken did that to a toad. For wayy too long she bashed that little guy for so long, I felt bad for it 😳. She swallowed it whole too! 😂🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom