How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

3 eggs around 3 ish like I usually get and 1 this evening around 7:30 out of 8 hens. 5- I know lay, 1- is young so its should be soon, 2- I'm not sure if they aren't past thier prime (bougt adults at unknown age). It has been a treat. My Alice the Matriach of the group, (ameracauna) lays a huge teal egg everyday and 2 other hens lay eggs in the exact same nest box as she does every day I'm unsure exactly which hens are laying with her due to everyone else has the same color eggs but vary in size some. They funny bit is they change nest boxes EVERY day :) I have six boxes and only one gets used a day. I just think that's quirky but I love it.

Best day yet yeasterday! I've only been getting one per day for the two weeks I've had them and yesterday I got three out of five! One might not be laying yet, a Buff Ameraucana I got Monday, breeder wasn't sure she's just about 6 months and one is coming out of a nasty molt. Two brown and one from the White Ameraucana I got Monday. Now I need to convince Snow that the nesting box is the spot she should lay, she laid out in the grass Tuesday and yesterday in the doorway into the coop. She had never been outside before Monday, and I think the house the breeder had her in didn't have much in nesting boxes. Silly chicken... Gonna have to leave the eggs in the boxes for a little while next time she's gonna lay. At least she's obvious... tons of clucking and walking in circles.

Can't wait until the other seven that ae too young yet start laying! Gonna be up to my ears in eggs!

G'Day
Two of my Australorps have now started laying, fancy that in Winter. My first 2 ever eggs.
yesss.gif
Today I received 2 more which makes a total of 10 eggs now and they are a little bit bigger than the first 2. They seem to be getting bigger now as they continue to lay. The picture below are the first 2 and they weighed 51 & 52 grams the latest ones weigh 55 grams. How exciting - I have also noticed that the membrane is quite thick and strong - I hope this is a good thing.

Cheers

Chrissy
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

24 months... I just found another "rubber" egg, they have free choice food, oyster shell, and i give a d3 supplement, they freerange at least four hours a day, and I did worming with three day safeguard, each bird , not put in water.. they get organic leftover salad, and whole grain bread for snack , have water with added nutridrench for poultry, and get omega egg supp too.... any other ideas???

Back
Top Bottom