How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

11 hens 11 eggs @ 23 weeks old today! That's awesome!
wee.gif

6/6 again today! Now I am pretty certain one of our hens is never going to lay an egg....o well. My 2 BO hens that are laying were laying little eggs but one of them laid a "limousine" of an egg today. I'm betting on a double

6/6 again today! Now I am pretty certain one of our hens is never going to lay an egg....o well. My 2 BO hens that are laying were laying little eggs but one of them laid a "limousine" of an egg today. I'm betting on a double
Cool!! i'm still waiting for 6 of our 8 to start, definetly have 3 maybe 4 girls laying, i'll be able to see for sure this weekend, can't wait to see our first double yolker......i'm betting on the golden sex links for that one ;-)

I get 4 to 6 a day from 11 hens. I used to get 8-9 a day from these same hens. I don't know why they've slowed down. About 8 of the hens are 3 years old and the rest are 2 years old. I'd like to figure out which ones are laying and if there are any that are not laying period and maybe cull them out of the flock. If they're just eating feed, and not laying eggs, I can't really afford to keep them around. Any ideas on how I can track which ones are laying? I'm not home during the day when they are sitting.

Back
Top Bottom