How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I'm located in eastern Ontario. I received 2 Muscovy duck, Jack and Diane, and their 9 eggs last June as a house warming present. 4 of my hens, Gracie, Odd Duck, and 2 as yet unnamed are from that batch. Two new drakes, KitKat and Tightie Whitie, were another surprise gift in the fall. Everyone gets along now but we'll see what spring brings.

I'm located in eastern Ontario. I received 2 Muscovy duck, Jack and Diane, and their 9 eggs last June as a house warming present. 4 of my hens, Gracie, Odd Duck, and 2 as yet unnamed are from that batch. Two new drakes, KitKat and Tightie Whitie, were another surprise gift in the fall. Everyone gets along now but we'll see what spring brings.
How short is your shortest day of the year up there?

@MLG1900 This is the chicken version of how many eggs, those friends will be able to give you a good idea of what's still laying. I have 2 leghorn mixes that have been pretty consistent this winter, my Olive Eggers not so much...

No egg from my runner girl today, but she's been doing pretty well over the winter...at least 3 or 4 a week!!

@MLG1900 This is the chicken version of how many eggs, those friends will be able to give you a good idea of what's still laying. I have 2 leghorn mixes that have been pretty consistent this winter, my Olive Eggers not so much...

No egg from my runner girl today, but she's been doing pretty well over the winter...at least 3 or 4 a week!!
i think i might want leghorns, isnt that what large egg producers have?

I live in Vermont at a high-ish elevation. Last spring, my two Muscovy hens started laying for the first time at the very end of March and the beginning of April. They were just about ten months old at that time. My Rouen started some time in late April, but she has major issues laying and is a bit older. The year before, she started at the end of March. I do not use artificial light. Last year was far more brutal than this winter has been (so far). I know that the amount of daylight is most important, but I’ll be interested to see if they will lay sooner due to the milder (so far) winter. As far as conditions go, there was still snow on the ground last year when they started laying, and it was still pretty darn cold.
i just added two standard rouen eggs to my spring hatching egg order and its your fault :p

Back
Top Bottom