How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

In Oct.of 2020 My Runners and Buffs were going on 5yrs at that time stopped laying i didn't think they would ever start back up in 2021 and they were late it was late March. This year they quit laying in Oct so I am not sure when they will begin or if they will. They will be 6 end of April. But I also have 2 that are going on 3 yrs and they stopped at the same time and haven't laid again. Thankfully I have some layers in my chickens that have been giving me a few eggs each week. Last year I had to take the walk of shame and buy eggs. Molting will def stop laying And can take months for them to start back.

In Oct.of 2020 My Runners and Buffs were going on 5yrs at that time stopped laying i didn't think they would ever start back up in 2021 and they were late it was late March. This year they quit laying in Oct so I am not sure when they will begin or if they will. They will be 6 end of April. But I also have 2 that are going on 3 yrs and they stopped at the same time and haven't laid again. Thankfully I have some layers in my chickens that have been giving me a few eggs each week. Last year I had to take the walk of shame and buy eggs. Molting will def stop laying And can take months for them to start back.
I don’t care about the eggs, just want them to be healthy. Thanks for sharing your experience. This may be true for mine as well. And yes, they’re really all molting.

Back
Top Bottom