How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Well, the streak has ended for Marsala. I am a first-timer beginning in March of 2022. First of my 4 girls started laying July 31. 2 of them have been on an egg-every-day streak: Floof (sapphire gem) is still going, with a streak of 28 straight days. Marsala's (rhode island red) streak ended yesterday at 29 straight days - glad she finally has a day off (though she DID sit in the nest box for 2 hours yesterday, but no egg) but it would have been nice to hit a nice round 30 straight days. As for all the girls as a group, the longest streak I've had so far of everyone laying an egg that day was 8 days in a row.

I told them they were good girls for giving me eggs. So of course they stopped.

Contrary critters... :rant
so tell them that if they don't start laying in 1 week, they'll be roast duck.
I have done that many times with my chickens (calling them chicken dinner). it actually works!

so tell them that if they don't start laying in 1 week, they'll be roast duck.
I have done that many times with my chickens (calling them chicken dinner). it actually works!
These are actually chickens, little OEGB to be exact. Got them about a month or so ago and they're inside my place right now (probably for the winter).

I don't actually mind if they lay or not, the eggs are so cute and tiny though! I don't expect any eggs from the rest of the mixed flock until Spring. The pullets are all too young, as are the ducks.

I just got a couple of Khaki Campbell ducklings though, and the guy I got them from said that with his six he has more eggs than he knows what to do with! With my luck, they'll both be drakes...

Well, the streak has ended for Marsala. I am a first-timer beginning in March of 2022. First of my 4 girls started laying July 31. 2 of them have been on an egg-every-day streak: Floof (sapphire gem) is still going, with a streak of 28 straight days. Marsala's (rhode island red) streak ended yesterday at 29 straight days - glad she finally has a day off (though she DID sit in the nest box for 2 hours yesterday, but no egg) but it would have been nice to hit a nice round 30 straight days. As for all the girls as a group, the longest streak I've had so far of everyone laying an egg that day was 8 days in a row.
Marsala did officially take a one-day break after 29 consecutive egg days. Floof just laid an egg for the 30th consecutive day.

10 out of 12 . SO EXCITED !! I finally got an Easter egg! Been waiting since May 1st

Attachments

• PXL_20221012_181620282.jpg
    PXL_20221012_181620282.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom