How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

This is actually the first bag of the Purina I’ve used. I bought Nutrena all flock for the first couple years but the feed store that carries it is in Kingston, and although I love the place it’s just not on my way to anywhere! I’d forgotten about The CHS in Poulsbo, they have Payback which I liked but when it started getting cold I gave the Purina a whirl. It has a little more protein and other things.
From here on out though I think I’ll get whichever is fresher. Probably the Payback.
I use "Egg Maximizer" from Atwoods, I need to pull the label for the details.

13 eggs for me today! But what a night I have had! Work was great. The roads were no big deal, even though they canceled school today. :idunno
But on my drive home, one of my son's was calling. When I pulled into the driveway I checked to see what he needed. He was calling me to tell me he thought he needed to go to the hospital! When I called him back, he said he was at the junk yard and had cut his hand pretty good. He had managed to get the bleeding to stop finally so he wasn't sure if he needed to go or not. ( he did end up going and he got 3 stitches in 1 finger).
About 5 minutes after I hang up with him, my daughter calls and she is crying so much that I can't tell what is going on!! Turns out she had been in a car accident. The other person pulled out in front of her from a stop sign. She tried to swerve, but the hit her dead center in the hood. Both of her airbags deployed, her windshield is shattered all the way across the whole thing and the front of the car is V'd in pretty good. The ambulance was on sight but left after checking her out. The other person didn't appear to be hurt at all. My daughter is just banged up. She had blood down her chin ( i'm pretty sure she bit her lip) and her knee, forehead and back all hurt. But still relatively unhurt. Definitely shook up!! This is her first major accident. She did hit a baby deer a couple of years ago, but her car wasn't even damaged then.
The other person does appear to have insurance, so that;s good! I will be surprised if they don't total my car ( it's mine, but my daughter has been driving it for several years). It's a 2003. So I'm not sure how much she'll get for it. :idunnoWe just had liability on it, so it will be up to the other guys insurance. Hopefully, she'll get something, since he was at fault and she will ( more than likely) have to replace "her" vehicle.
So, even though I try to get to bed by 8 PM when I have to work, I just got home at 8 PM.
:lau But I've eaten dinner and collected eggs & locked up chickens. So I guess I'll head to bed instead of doing anything around the house. :lau

So glad it wasn't any worse than it was!! Plus, she had just swapped her boyfriend's son back over to him, so he wasn't in the car with her!

13 eggs for me today! But what a night I have had! Work was great. The roads were no big deal, even though they canceled school today. :idunno
But on my drive home, one of my son's was calling. When I pulled into the driveway I checked to see what he needed. He was calling me to tell me he thought he needed to go to the hospital! When I called him back, he said he was at the junk yard and had cut his hand pretty good. He had managed to get the bleeding to stop finally so he wasn't sure if he needed to go or not. ( he did end up going and he got 3 stitches in 1 finger).
About 5 minutes after I hang up with him, my daughter calls and she is crying so much that I can't tell what is going on!! Turns out she had been in a car accident. The other person pulled out in front of her from a stop sign. She tried to swerve, but the hit her dead center in the hood. Both of her airbags deployed, her windshield is shattered all the way across the whole thing and the front of the car is V'd in pretty good. The ambulance was on sight but left after checking her out. The other person didn't appear to be hurt at all. My daughter is just banged up. She had blood down her chin ( i'm pretty sure she bit her lip) and her knee, forehead and back all hurt. But still relatively unhurt. Definitely shook up!! This is her first major accident. She did hit a baby deer a couple of years ago, but her car wasn't even damaged then.
The other person does appear to have insurance, so that;s good! I will be surprised if they don't total my car ( it's mine, but my daughter has been driving it for several years). It's a 2003. So I'm not sure how much she'll get for it. :idunnoWe just had liability on it, so it will be up to the other guys insurance. Hopefully, she'll get something, since he was at fault and she will ( more than likely) have to replace "her" vehicle.
So, even though I try to get to bed by 8 PM when I have to work, I just got home at 8 PM.
:lau But I've eaten dinner and collected eggs & locked up chickens. So I guess I'll head to bed instead of doing anything around the house. :lau

So glad it wasn't any worse than it was!! Plus, she had just swapped her boyfriend's son back over to him, so he wasn't in the car with her!

Like you need more on your plate with your Mom headed in

I am 8 for today, 5 from the pen, 2 from the cage and 1green- finally after 3 weeks. How can you tell if an egg is fertilized with out cracking it open. I would like to hatch a few of the green ones (lakeshore eggers) with my broody pullet or a incubator.
20200124_224626.jpg

Back
Top Bottom