How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Might want to try eggshell, it absorbs differently than oyster shell. I use both, and my girls always choose the eggshell first. I just wash and crush mine, but you can always toast them in the oven if you are afraid of egg-eating.
Mine will eat both but definitely prefer the dried crushed up eggshells over the oyster shell.
12 for me today. Even with all the rain and muddy run, I didn’t have to wash a single egg today. Maybe my hens have learned to wipe their feet before they get in the nest boxes. :D
Wish mine would learn that, but they're probably wishing their mom would make their run "unmuddy"!!!
I got 40 today :)
What varieties do you have? Have any pictures of your current egg basket?

I have brown Leghorns, Anconas, Faverolles, Whitings, speckled Sussex, BO, black/red sex links, Russian Orloff, Barred Rocks, Production Reds, Brahmas, Black Jersey Giants, Wyandottes, EE, one Dominique and one Lakenvelder. :)
Should've asked what you didn't have!!! :lau
Which are your favorite?

1 yesterday, one today. Princess lay-a is a champ. Has now layed 5 out of six days. The rest are still holding out. They do keep investigating the nest box and even lay down for awhile just to trick me😂.

Mayflower must have read my post! She laid her first egg around 1:45:celebrate
It weighs a whopping 36 grams😂

Attachments

• 9BA39720-9D1D-4312-86D8-D54027DA2530.jpeg
    9BA39720-9D1D-4312-86D8-D54027DA2530.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 972D8FEA-ADA0-4D4E-BD35-BD7EA603650F.jpeg
    972D8FEA-ADA0-4D4E-BD35-BD7EA603650F.jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 1
The reason why I didn't have any eggs as of late was because these darn hen found a secret hiding spot to lay their eggs. Finally found the clutch of eggs this morning, there were about 14 or so eggs which I had to throw away since I didn't know how long they have been marinating for!

You should have done a float test to see if they were good or not!

Yep! I found a nest of about 13 eggs in the plants in front of the house a couple of summers ago, all from the same girl, all sank, all were good. People do need to remember that a hen doesn't lay one egg then sit but lays a full clutch first. If several hens were using the same nest and one knows when the egg count started to get light it is pretty safe to think the eggs are likely good assuming the haven't been freezing and thawing day after day.

7 today

Back
Top Bottom