How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

9 today -- 2 broody babies (new layer gone broody in their first stinking week!!!!) keeping those nests occupied and ticking off the other girls. Seriously, first they were partying and pooping in the nesting boxes and now they're puffing up and cawing like they think they're playing mother hens. Brats! 🤣

she took 2 whole days.
2 WHOLE days? ;)

I'd say that is pretty good. I don't think I've ever had one break in less than 3 and more is not uncommon. Betty was in a nest screaming and puffing at Cassie when she tried to get in. Betty hasn't ever been broody before but I'm going to check a few times during the day to see if she's still in there. I really don't need a broody hen at the moment.

2 WHOLE days? ;)

I'd say that is pretty good. I don't think I've ever had one break in less than 3 and more is not uncommon. Betty was in a nest screaming and puffing at Cassie when she tried to get in. Betty hasn't ever been broody before but I'm going to check a few times during the day to see if she's still in there. I really don't need a broody hen at the moment.

Tell me about it!!! Now I have 3 of them and 2 of those have only been laying for a couple of weeks. The other one was out of lay for 2 months over December and January and now she thinks it's time to make babies. Sorry ladies!!! Nope!!!! They're scaring away the girls that just want to lay and run, too.

Back
Top Bottom