how many hens can fit?

I would not keep normal sized chickens in such a small coop. Imo its a better choice to buy 3 larger bantams or 4 small bantams.

I have a coop that’s a tiny bit smaller. I had* 4 Dutch in it with 2 roosts and there was no room for more. Their run was small too, but they could free range a few hours on most days.

* A year later I had chicks and needed / build another bigger coop. Dutch are really very small bantams.

Last edited:
3 is a little too small they would be lonely just the 3
I have 3 chickens and they're very happy.
Hello everyone, I bought and built this coop recently, I'm attaching an extra 7.2 feet chicken run to it so it will be about 14.8 feet long. How many standard hens can fit in this coop, I was thinking of just getting 2 or 3 hens since I live in the suburbs...thanks!
The dimensions of the coop/run itself without the extra run I'm attaching are below.
  • Height: 56.25"
  • Width: 37.5"
  • Length: 91.25"
View attachment 2555978
I'd do 2 standard chickens at most and 3-4 bantams. Bantams are really sweet and lovely!

thank you for the advice everyone, I'll be getting two standards for this coop then. I am new to all of this so thank you all for the advice! I will be getting two orpingtons for the coop because they are my favorite breed I have researched so far.

Back
Top Bottom