how many hens can fit?

Orpington-Lover

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2020
Hello everyone, I bought and built this coop recently, I'm attaching an extra 7.2 feet chicken run to it so it will be about 14.8 feet long. How many standard hens can fit in this coop, I was thinking of just getting 2 or 3 hens since I live in the suburbs...thanks!
The dimensions of the coop/run itself without the extra run I'm attaching are below.
  • Height: 56.25"
  • Width: 37.5"
  • Length: 91.25"
big dutch.jpg

Without know just the coop dimensions not including the nesting boxes, I would say 2-3 until we know what those measurements are.
3 would be better if they would fit just to plan for if you lose one, the one remaining wouldn’t be left by itself.
3 is a little too small they would be lonely just the 3

Thank you for the help everyone, i'm out for the day right now. I should be able to measure the coop itself and the nest boxes once I come home. But to answer HBO's question now, there are two nest boxes and one perch in the coop itself.

Thank you for the help everyone, i'm out for the day right now. I should be able to measure the coop itself and the nest boxes once I come home. But to answer HBO's question now, there are two nest boxes and one perch in the coop itself.
That sounds like it could fit 4-5 also if you get a chance post pics of the inside so we can see how much room

Back
Top Bottom