How many chickens?

Chuckin

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2023
We have 11 chickens in a coop/run (there is a coop and a run enclosure around it) that is 80 square feet. how many chickens could we fit in there if we wanted to get more?

What are the dimensions separately? You're at maximum capacity already if just your run is 80sq feet.
we put them in chicken tractors/let them free range during the day. im not sure the dimensions of both seperate.

From what I was told, 3 to 4 sq. ft. per chicken in a coop. 10 sq. ft. per chicken in a run if not free ranged.
That's a good starting point and what I recommend.
we put them in chicken tractors/let them free range during the day. im not sure the dimensions of both seperate.
Your climate will matter as much as the measurements. Please add your general location to your profile so that better/more targeted advice can be given.

That's a good starting point and what I recommend.

Your climate will matter as much as the measurements. Please add your general location to your profile so that better/more targeted advice can be given.
i live in alabama

If it’s a cool then you could fit 20 max if you follow the rule of thumb of 4 square feet per bird coop space.

Back
Top Bottom