How many hours spent with your chickens?

Pics
I have been dreaming about chickens off and on all month! Several times it's been me explaining genetics to someone else and I know next to nothing about chicken genetics outside of how to make a splash bird 🙃
Yes! I know zero about genetics though.

Last night I dreamed about whether or not to add another nesting box (15 hens, 3 boxes right now...)

Many many hours a day. The perks of working from home (way before covid mania) every hour or so I go out and talk with them and visit, maybe get treats ripped out of my hand or screeched at BECAUSE I have no said treats with me. At only 9 weeks they sure are friendly and docile the Barnies are a little sketchy, but so young most of them let me scoop them up from under their bellies. ESPECIALLY the two Speckled sussex. Uhg chickens are friggin awesome

I spend a ton of time with my chickens. Our kids have been homeschooled this year, so we're home a lot. We all enjoy watching them just...exist lol. It's highly entertaining and I have found we spend more time outside. All in all a very positive experience.

Now that I have five Brahma chicks that my Speckled Sussex believes are her very own, I probably spend eight or so hours out here just hanging around and picking up chicks and chick poop!

F8F686E0-A9D3-4E3E-9923-7F731BDF12B6.jpeg

99BFA16F-FAC6-4836-A6A0-A3661481CCDB.jpeg

90A00682-A887-472D-8308-09439800BD92.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom