How Many Members Have A Vitamix?

OregonChickenGal

Songster
9 Years
Jul 26, 2010
Central Oregon
Just bought a Vitamix, and was just curious to see how many BYC members have one. I really love mine so far.
smile.png

I've had mine 4/5 yrs. mostly use it for smoothies, and soups. Oh and tomato sauce- seeds, peels and all!

We got ours late last year. I was having trouble with my dental plates (a lousy lower plate reline) and eating soft food. We went shopping at Costco and there was a woman demoing them there.
My wife said something to the woman about my dilemma and the woman went crazy. She was pretty savvy, she used us as a tool to promote the machine's many faceted abilities.
She made us an awesome fruit/vegetable smoothie, she gave me a huge red plastic glass of it. I was so blown away we stayed longer, she made us a hot tortilla soup and then a very good fruit sorbet.
We ordered ours about 3 weeks later direct from Vitamix. I make really great smoothies all the time. I like this one:

1 peeled orange
1 whole carrot cut in chunks
1/4 cantaloupe peeled and cut up
1 stalk celery, leaves ON, cut up
1/3 a peeled raw beet, cut up
1/3 red bell pepper, cut up
1 cup orange juice
5-7 ice cubes

The trick is to put your softest items and the juice at the bottom.
Start on low and move quickly to highest speed. Puree about 1 minute. Test for smoothness and re-blend with a little more ice if too "chalky". With a Vitamix the speed and torque really liquify the vegetables and fruit, making it like a very yummy and naturally sweet juice drink. It's hard to describe how good this natural sweetness tastes and feels. It hits you right away...
I look at the Vitamix like I do my KitchenAid mixer. Yeah it's expensive but wow is it a tank. We'll never have to buy another blender ever.

One special note. Read your manual. I think to make nut butter you need what is called the DRY CONTAINER, it is slightly smaller and the blades are different. Visit the Vitamix website if not sure...

We have a vitamix blender, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have an extremely picky 4 year old with tons of food allergies, so I make her lots of non-dairy fruit & veggie smoothies and juices to keep her little system going. I use it at least 4-5 times per week.
We bought ours from a family friend...they didn't really use it and I paid $100 for it
hide.gif

Anne has one, and I just made a Word document of bigmike&nan's smoothie recipe for her.
THANKS!
bigmike&nan :

We got ours late last year. I was having trouble with my dental plates (a lousy lower plate reline) and eating soft food. We went shopping at Costco and there was a woman demoing them there.
My wife said something to the woman about my dilemma and the woman went crazy. She was pretty savvy, she used us as a tool to promote the machine's many faceted abilities.
She made us an awesome fruit/vegetable smoothie, she gave me a huge red plastic glass of it. I was so blown away we stayed longer, she made us a hot tortilla soup and then a very good fruit sorbet.
We ordered ours about 3 weeks later direct from Vitamix. I make really great smoothies all the time. I like this one:

1 peeled orange
1 whole carrot cut in chunks
1/4 cantaloupe peeled and cut up
1 stalk celery, leaves ON, cut up
1/3 a peeled raw beet, cut up
1/3 red bell pepper, cut up
1 cup orange juice
5-7 ice cubes

The trick is to put your softest items and the juice at the bottom.
Start on low and move quickly to highest speed. Puree about 1 minute. Test for smoothness and re-blend with a little more ice if too "chalky". With a Vitamix the speed and torque really liquify the vegetables and fruit, making it like a very yummy and naturally sweet juice drink. It's hard to describe how good this natural sweetness tastes and feels. It hits you right away...
I look at the Vitamix like I do my KitchenAid mixer. Yeah it's expensive but wow is it a tank. We'll never have to buy another blender ever.

One special note. Read your manual. I think to make nut butter you need what is called the DRY CONTAINER, it is slightly smaller and the blades are different. Visit the Vitamix website if not sure...

Last edited:
I've had my Vita Mix for over a year now. I use it mostly for smothies. I've been working on my health and my body and I make a fruit and yogurt smoothie every day as a part of my diet.

I also take a 'green' smoothie for lunch to work every day. I drink a quart of green smoothie every day.

If you are not famliar with green smoothies, Google it. There's tons of good information on it.

Greens are pretty much the healthiest thing you can put in your body and RAW greens are hard to eat, especially in the amounts you get in
a green smoothie.

My health has improved dramatically since I started doing these smoothies daily.

I do 'regular' dinners. I sill eat healthy but I figure that if I'm feeding the body the raw foods it craves for two meals a day, I can have pretty much
whatever I want for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom