1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how many of us have a chair in the chookhouse???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by bantymum, Jul 11, 2007.

1. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Ive noticed that a few of us have a chair in the coop.
    I think that this is a good indication of just how much we love to spend quality time with our littlies!!!
    Either that or we left the chair in there that was there for us to rest on and get further ideas whilst we were building the house!!!
    I have a nice padded kitchen chair in mine, leftover from building, but now use it for chickwatching, its my little hideout from the family!!!!

2. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    No chair in the coop but I have an outdoor lounger under the tree next to it. When I turn my babies out I like to lie under the tree with them. They peck and scratch all around me.[​IMG]

Marsha

3. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    I've got a cinder block in there to sit on. [​IMG] Except the cute little buggers apparently like to take a seat on it, also. [​IMG]

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I don't have height in my run, I have to squat to get in there. But they are close to my patio and chairs, so I can relax in a regular people spot, and when I let them out they come over and jump up on the chairs and tables and visit.

5. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Yes, they like my cinderblock too. So I put some nice big rocks for them, they like my cinderblock AND their rocks.[​IMG]

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I have 4 chairs scattered around the outside of the pen. I figure they will stay more usable out there........ i can always bring one in.

7. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    I have a padded chair in the run. Every day when I come home from work I turn the poopy pad over and shake then have a sit and visit with the chicks. They love using my seat during the day!

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

well, I dont hae a chair...but I have a milk crate! LOL When I sit out there, I always have someone in my lap. So peacefull, untill they start fighting over who gets to sit in my lap! LOL

9. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    My husband and I both have a chair out there, but I think I need a "poopy-pad" like one of the previous posts! How come I never thought of that? Guess I haven't owned them long enough to know every single trick yet....lol! I'll learn yet!

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I have a cafe set that my inlaws bought for us that doesn't fit in the house...And some plastic chairs that I scavenged from the neighbours...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by