How Many of You Let Your Pets Lick the Dishes?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by OldGuy43, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Sure! Why not?

51 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. No way! Are you crazy?

18 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Only by accident.

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. If they did I'd throw the dish away.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] or [​IMG] ?????????????????

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Not all the grease just a spoonful or two mixed in with the dog food. Rebel do your dog eat ANYTHING food related? Mine even eats pickles. No wonder there is only one letter difference between pug and pig.

3. theotherranch

theotherranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2011
    Sour, I'd go with [​IMG]!

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    First of all, that is so nasty!!!! However, I have been known to "accidentally" leave the back door open and the chickens come in and clean up the kitchen floor! Nothing a little bleach won't take care of lol. They do a better job than my vacuum cleaner Chihuahua.

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    That is hilarious! Laugh out loud funny right there.

6. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I don't allow mine to lick the plates, but my one lab i s a counter/sink surfer. Any plate/bowl/utensil left in the sink without water in it will end up on her dog bed licked clean. Once, she took a Styrofoam cup filled with hot chocolate off the kitchen table and took it to her bed without spilling a drop. No idea how she did it, but I caught her licking out of it a few seconds later. She has mastered the art of picking up container with just her front teeth and balancing it so nothing spills out.

7. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Just curious, what leads those of you who use paper plates to believe that they are so sanitary, especially after you've carried them to the restaurant? They are porous after all.

Keep in mind that federal government standards for food do allow for a certain percentage of bug parts, rat droppings and so on. If people know what they were eating at times, they'd probably prefer to starve. Plates are probably not a big deal compared to the potential problems with food.

Oops! Now SourLand will probably never eat away from home again. [​IMG]

8. theotherranch

theotherranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2011
    Kaitie09, I can relate with that! DW had a stick of butter softening on the counter and the Walker hound mix we had got the whole thing, wrapper included!

9. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Chunk (Can you tell why we nicknamed her that?) loves butter. At one point, she figured out how to move the container we put our coffee stuff in to get to the butter in the glass holder that was shoved into the corner of the counter behind it. We had to go out and get one of those french butter holders with water in it to keep her from getting it now. For Christmas, we got a basket of cakes and cookies all wrapped up nicely. She pulled the entire thing off the island and ate the butts of every piece of cake, and all of the chocolate chip cookies.

ETA: she also packed away 2lbs of fudge, luckily only 1/2lb of it was chocolate.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Somebody already mentioned "butter sculptures" by the artistic cat. Well, that's exactly why I got a "butter bell" to keep the butter lick-free.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by