1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How many people have buff Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hamatt, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ValerieH

ValerieH New Egg

Mar 31, 2013
    Weare, New Hampshire
    I'm crazy about Buff Orpingtons!

I got one at the fair a couple years ago and she is fantastic! Friendliest chicken I have ever met. She comes RUNNING across the yard when she sees me, just to give me 'hugs'. Which is something she developed completely on her own. I kneel down and she walks up between my legs and tucks her head between my arm and my body and she'll stay there for hours if you let her just being 'hugged'! She is so awesome!

Here's some pics. I love my Essa :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here she is below, begging for hugs :)

[​IMG]

She was a great broody for us last year. Theyre not genetically hers but given her interest in people her chickies also enjoy our company :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is her and her lil girl:

[​IMG]

And Essa with both her chickies, all grown up!

[​IMG]

Can you tell I love Essa? Lol!

2. Eggnog101

Eggnog101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    I have two lovely girls, Eggnog and Q. [​IMG]

3. Oklahomachick

Oklahomachick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    I have 5 Buff Orpingtons. They are about 2 1/2 months old. This pic is when I first got one. She is so precious.
    [​IMG]

4. dowgirl71

dowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Brewer, Maine
    Just got 2 two weeks ago and they are so sweet, "Buffy" and "Jumpy."

5. dowgirl71

dowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Brewer, Maine
    Here are my girls (I hope)!
    [​IMG]

6. rmtrevizo1

rmtrevizo1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2013
    lake elsinore, ca
    she is preaty could u tell me how ols she is I have one bo and she is abot 7 months old she is no were near as bluffy how did u get her big or is that cause of her age

7. I have one Buff Orpington. I love her to death even though she's only two months old.

8. rmtrevizo1

rmtrevizo1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2013
    lake elsinore, ca
    Tis is my b.o. can sone tell me how old u think she is. She hasn't layed any eggs yet and will not sleep in the nest. She only sleeps on her roost. Any ideas on how to get her to start leying lol[​IMG]

9. Hmm... two and a half to three months? She doesn't look much bigger than my BO who is two months, but Tis is definitely bigger.
    Put some golf balls in the nestboxes- chickens think they're eggs- when the time comes for her to lay she should get the memo to lay in there.

10. chickchic8

chickchic8 New Egg

Aug 9, 2012
    I have one she is 9 weeks! I absolutely love her! She is so much calmer than my other chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by