How many people have had chickens stolen by two legged predator ?

stacym

Songster
11 Years
Jul 21, 2008
Kennard, Nebraska
I'm just curious on how many people on the forum know or suspect that their chickens have been stolen. I had mine stolen and even I couldn't believe it! I don't think that the chickens learned how to unlock a door from the outside though. Is this more common than I think?
Stacy

I'm so sorry about what happened. I cannot even imagine how that might feel.

I know this happens, but geez.
barnie.gif

Ellie

In the last year, twice. It was years before that. Strange as it might sound, I had more chickens stolen when I lived in New Jersey than here in Cal. There I had four large chicken houses, 40x100 and one 50x150 which was two stories. Now I live in the Cal. foothills and free range all the chickens. They do have coops, but can come and go as they please.

* Chook got stolen and was missing and presumed dead, then showed up a month later in a neighbor's front yard. Looked like the thief took good care of her though-- I was glad of that. If I knew who it was, I'd of asked them what they'd been feeding her, before snatching them bald-headed!!

I haven't had any stolen from me but one of the breeders i buy chicks from who raises leghorns, oegb and brown red cochins had her flock wiped out by a 2 legged predator. They stole the eggs and chickens several times before she built her yard up like fort knox. Im always afraid that will happen to me. If it ever did id be totally devistated because these are my pets and i love them dearly. I'm soo sorry this happened to you
sad.png

I've raised chickens for years, and we've had our first chicken theft this year. I'm active at another forum where people are experiencing theft in their gardens for the first time this year as well.

Back
Top Bottom