How many people in your neighborhood have poultry?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by M To The Maxx, Sep 12, 2009.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    In my neighborhood a farm right next to me has chickens, a friend of mine has chickens, down the road and a couple house down a lady has 2 emus, and somebody I don't know has chickens. What about you?

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    One. Us. [​IMG]

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    In our subdivision, I can only see our little tractor. There are farms all around our little subdivision. I can hear roosters in two directions, and I just found out the lady across the creek in a farm sells eggs.
    Lots of idiots have dogs and cats. I think I'm the only gardener too, unless you count a few potted tomatoes by doors or patios

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I live in a tiny one street town, but a Loop called Horseshoe, and I know of two people that have chickens, and next Spring I will be THREE!!!! WAAAAAhooooooooooooooooo!!!!! We are considered a burg, and the way it appears we must all be zoned agriculture. We also are lucky enough not to be bothered by the zoning comm. rarely if ever. Three neighbors down the road that is really in the country, have chickens!! They are very popular here.

5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Me and my neighbor up the road they have chickens, a couple ducks, and 3 peacocks.

6. RedStarDaddy

RedStarDaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    I think I'm the only one around here with chickens now. There was a boy selling eggs out by the highway, but it has easily been a year since I heard his rooster crowing. I don't know if he got rid of the rooster or all the chickens.

RSD

7. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I live far out in the country but all my neighbors have chickens, horses, cows, goats...the works......Just a part of life where I live to own livestock.

8. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    I think there are only 6 or 7 in a 3 block radius of me that DON'T have chickens. 4 of them live right next to me [​IMG] Every morning you hear the crow-a-thon between one lady's banties (3 doors down on the south) and the strays (four blocks up on the north) then there's the lady on the corner who has this huge roo that crows all day long. Luckily 2 of my non chicken neighbors are elderly and refuse to wear their hearing aids so they'll never complain about any noise [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Jilara

Jilara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm in a neighborhood that's mixed Victorian-1930's urban, and I know at least one of our neighbors also has chickens. (We got a couple waterers he wasn't using from him, too.) And I can hear peahens in the morning, so someone within a block or so has peahens (thankfully no peacocks). Someone two blocks over must have chickens, because she posted on the neighborhood board that a couple of her chickens had gone missing. And even though they aren't allowed, I heard a rooster crow, about six blocks away.

10. LegHorn-BusHorn

LegHorn-BusHorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    I am the only person I know of. I don't hear any crowers, just mine. No one has complained though, knock on wood. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by