How many people in your neighborhood have poultry?

M To The Maxx

Baseball+Girls=Life
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
Lutz,FL
In my neighborhood a farm right next to me has chickens, a friend of mine has chickens, down the road and a couple house down a lady has 2 emus, and somebody I don't know has chickens. What about you?

One. Us.
tongue.png

In our subdivision, I can only see our little tractor. There are farms all around our little subdivision. I can hear roosters in two directions, and I just found out the lady across the creek in a farm sells eggs.
Lots of idiots have dogs and cats. I think I'm the only gardener too, unless you count a few potted tomatoes by doors or patios

I live in a tiny one street town, but a Loop called Horseshoe, and I know of two people that have chickens, and next Spring I will be THREE!!!! WAAAAAhooooooooooooooooo!!!!! We are considered a burg, and the way it appears we must all be zoned agriculture. We also are lucky enough not to be bothered by the zoning comm. rarely if ever. Three neighbors down the road that is really in the country, have chickens!! They are very popular here.

I think I'm the only one around here with chickens now. There was a boy selling eggs out by the highway, but it has easily been a year since I heard his rooster crowing. I don't know if he got rid of the rooster or all the chickens.

RSD

I think there are only 6 or 7 in a 3 block radius of me that DON'T have chickens. 4 of them live right next to me
hmm.png
Every morning you hear the crow-a-thon between one lady's banties (3 doors down on the south) and the strays (four blocks up on the north) then there's the lady on the corner who has this huge roo that crows all day long. Luckily 2 of my non chicken neighbors are elderly and refuse to wear their hearing aids so they'll never complain about any noise
wink.png
wink.png

I'm in a neighborhood that's mixed Victorian-1930's urban, and I know at least one of our neighbors also has chickens. (We got a couple waterers he wasn't using from him, too.) And I can hear peahens in the morning, so someone within a block or so has peahens (thankfully no peacocks). Someone two blocks over must have chickens, because she posted on the neighborhood board that a couple of her chickens had gone missing. And even though they aren't allowed, I heard a rooster crow, about six blocks away.

Back
Top Bottom